Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Hello! My name is Amber Jones and I am a resident of Odenville, AL. I am a mother of two great little boys and have been married to my high school sweetheart for 8 years. I love to travel! I have always been fascinated with other countries and their cultures. This job allows me to learn by experiencing these countries and cultures first- hand and to help you do the same. I also teach a series of classes on Budgeting, including the new "Coupon Game", Money-Saving Meals, Making Time for Mommy, Manage Life by Managing Time. I love to travel, but in today's economy, families think they can't find the extra money to go on vacation. I am here to help you see that you can travel and make wonderful vacation memories as a family, while on a budget!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Metabolic Syndrome

I have recently been diagnosed with Metabolic Syndrome. To sum it up in a very simple way....Metabolic syndrome is a group of risk factors -- high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol levels, and belly fat -- that increases risk of heart disease and diabetes. Diet, exercise, and medications improve it. I am exploring more natural solutions before resorting to medication.


So I have entered the Holiday Season with caution! Exercise has never been a part of my life, I am not athletic, and hate to sweat, but now literally my life depends on it. I went to see my Doctor after dieting alone was not helping me to loose weight, and quickly realized there were changes to be made. I had a VPAP test done, the test looks at your cholesterol, thyroid, blood sugar, weight, BMI (body mass index), and numerous other factors to determine your risk for heart disease. It took 2 long weeks to get these results. The results came in a 13 page, yup 13 page, document. Needless to say I was quite overwhelmed! These results have seriously changed our lives, and I am looking forward to sharing those changes with you! Stay tuned for updates on my journey to save myself from "HEART DISEASE". Out of the 5 major risk factors that can lead to heart disease, I have all 5. I am not even in my thirties, things have got to change! I want to be here to see my boys get married and have grandchildren and unless I make major changes in my life, that simply cannot happen. 


I have contacted several companies to partner with me on educating my followers, and family on healthy  eating and exercising habits. One of the major tasks I have taken on is involving the "meat and potato boys" in my house to adopt the healthier habits as well! Stay tuned for our honest review of healthier eating options and new family activities that promote healthier lifestyle choices! Keep tuned in weekly as I will now be doing some wonderful giveaway's! Tomorrow I will list my test results! 







1 comment:

  1. Gotta love those DNA gene pools in our family. Keep us posted and share some of those yummy recipes you have found. ~ Tammy Bailey

    ReplyDelete